Saturday, October 10, 2009

Eat Shit and Die Suburban Hipster


Oh, hey. What’s up man? Geez, I haven’t seen you since High School. How’s it been going? Good. Good.
What? Oh, let you turn your Ipod down first? Ok, no problem. Just, go ahead and uh, do that. You’re listening to the new Killers album? No, I haven’t heard it. It’s pretty cool? Yeah, I guess I’ll have to check it out. No, I don’t have an Ipod. Yeah. Yeah, I can see you love it. You’re listening to it in the grocery store parking lot. Just picking up some Red Stripe for an art gallery opening. Are you the artist? No? Oh, your buddy just invited you. I see. Me? I’m uh, buyin my wife some maxi pads actually. Yeah. That time of the month you know?

You got a new car huh? What’d ya get? Oh, a Scion huh? That red one over there? Yeah, that’s cool I guess. No, I didn’t know you could customize the gear shift. That’s pretty neat. My Altima only had one type of gear shift. You like it better than your old Jetta? Yeah, I guess that makes sense when you compare the gear shifts and all.

Man, you sure put a lot of bumper stickers on that thing already. Aren’t you worried about messing up the paint? Oh, it’s a lease. Yeah, I guess “no big deal” then right? Yeah. Oh, your parents pay for it anyways? Fuck the dealership, exactly. Yeah, fuck them. Yeah, I like the bumper sticker that says “You laugh at me cause’ I’m different, I laugh at you ‘cause you’re all the same”. I get it. You probably get a lot of that with all you tattoos and piercings and tattoos and stuff. No, I never considered piercing that. They match your ironic trucker hat. Did I see your shirt? No, what’s it say? Oh, it’s the old Atari Logo. Sweet. “Old School”, haha. Yeah, hey… Remember “Pong”? No? Yeah me neither.

Yeah, I bet it’s hard to find a job with all that. We can’t really have stuff like that where I work. Where are you working now? Oh, the coffee shop in the bookstore? I work at a small design agency on the west si…. Yeah, I should definitely come up and hang out. It’s just hard for me to go out much with the kids and all. Yeah, I have two. They’re great, their names are Gabr… Oh sure, go ahead and call Tim. Tell him I said “What’s up”. An iPhone? Yeah, it looks cool. No, I just have whatever the base model they give you for free. Yeah, I’ll wait. I’m sure my wife isn’t going to bleed to death without the Maxi-Pads.

No, no problem. I understand, there are just some phone calls you have to make. Oh, he’s got some good weed right now? No, I don’t smoke anymore. Kids and all, remember? You don’t have any kids yet, do you? A pet snake? Yeah, well they’re pretty similar in that you have to make sure they don’t die and stuff, sure.

MySpace? Oh yeah, I made a page cause my friend Mike had one and he lives out of state so I… Add your band to my Friends list? Yeah sure, I should do that. Yeah, I saw the Chuck Norris thing. That’s your avatar? Pretty funny. Yeah, uh, what kind of band are you guys? Kinda like the Killers huh? Sounds cool. I will definitely check that out. Do you guys play out anywhere? Not really? Oh. Yeah I know, it’s probably way hard to find someone to sign you.

Ok, well cool man, I gotta get home before my milk spoils. Yeah. And you probably gotta get to the gallery before your Red Stripe gets warm. Alright dude. You too. Take it easy. Enjoy your gear shift and Ipod and stuff. Maybe I’ll catch you up at the coffee shop, you can make me a mochachino or something. No, you’re right, mochachinos are totally gay. Yeah, I’ll get something else. Ok, awesome, Later man.

1 comment: